Global warming, rising sea levels, mass extinction of species: Mankind is changing the planet to such an extent that an increasing number of scientists wants to proclaim a new geological epoch. In a SPIEGEL ONLINE interview, British geologist Jan Zalasiewicz makes his case for the Anthropocene era. (Spiegel)
- Format and location change
- Roger Pielke Jr.: Cornucopians vs. Malthusians
- The Supreme Court’s Environmental Docket
- AD 1764-1791: The First Climate Change and Geoengineering Acts
- Shocking Costs Of Environmentalism
- Solar dimming can trigger freezing winters: study
- The Sun And The Winter Of 2011
- Roy Spencer with more on cloud forcing and feedback
- There is a Greenhouse Effect on Venus
- La Niña Throws Cold Water on Global Warming
Top Posts & Pages
- Uh-oh! The sheep ate their hockey stick!
- Matt Ridley: Room For All
- Energy claims and counterclaims
- Fracking gas or fragging it?
- Philippines: land subsidence greater contributor to floods than sea level rise
- Australia's $Trillion carbon [dioxide] tax all pain for no gain
- WUWT on UHI paper
- Something else I'm skeptical about
- Quick roundup from C3 headlines
- Gosh! Models don't accurately represent reality? And arbitrarily inflate any possible warming from a trivial rise in an essential trace gas? Who'd'a thunkit?