Global warming, rising sea levels, mass extinction of species: Mankind is changing the planet to such an extent that an increasing number of scientists wants to proclaim a new geological epoch. In a SPIEGEL ONLINE interview, British geologist Jan Zalasiewicz makes his case for the Anthropocene era. (Spiegel)
- Format and location change
- Roger Pielke Jr.: Cornucopians vs. Malthusians
- The Supreme Court’s Environmental Docket
- AD 1764-1791: The First Climate Change and Geoengineering Acts
- Shocking Costs Of Environmentalism
- Solar dimming can trigger freezing winters: study
- The Sun And The Winter Of 2011
- Roy Spencer with more on cloud forcing and feedback
- There is a Greenhouse Effect on Venus
- La Niña Throws Cold Water on Global Warming
Top Posts & Pages
- Not climate change but delta compaction and subsidence
- Donna Laframboise: The Y2K Scare, the Media & Climate Change
- Hilarious! Arctic ozone levels dropped as low as the tropics. Quick! Panic!
- Pretty useless and with enormous opportunity costs attached (wind farms, of course)
- Philippines: land subsidence greater contributor to floods than sea level rise
- Dormant sun, active volcanoes - chilly times ahead?
- John Ioannidis on the virtual epidemic of junk science, bias and skewed [reporting of] results
- Irrational nuke fear carries high price tag
- The enduring farce of "wind power"